Sunday 5 August 2012

Moisture for Daysssssss

My Deep Condition Mix


If you walked into your nearest Beauty Store, Target, Boots or just looked online you would probably find a number of Deep Conditioners that will work well for your hair. I on the other hand choose to make my own DC and my reason is this;

When I move to Lagos my access to store-bought deep conditioners is likely to be quite limited so I'm basically planning for the future, I have opted for things I can easily find in Gidi! So most of what you need can be found in any market or in my backyard in Lagos, for anyone out of Nigeria, Amazon might be able to provide suitable substitutes.

READ MORE

  • Ingredients




  1. Shea Butter (3 table spoons)
  2. Honey (3 tea spoons)
  3. 1/2 of an Aloe Vera Plant (Juice)
  4. Oils; Castor (not pictured above), Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, jojoba oil (hmmm I don't really measure that)
  5. Conditioner (Optional)


  • Preparation
  1. Split the Aloe Vera Plant apart to get to the gel
  2. If you don't have pure Aloe vera juice blend the gel to make it a bit more fluid
  3. In a mixing bowl add the honey, shea butter and the 4 oils, pop it into the microwave for till shea butter has melted
  4. Finally add Vo5 and mix.
N.B. My Aloe Vera and Shea butter were "imported" and delivered to me by my madre. If you use this DC a lot of the measurements will depend on your hair-type and length. Also feel free to play around with these measurements, I do not always use these exact measurements so there is definitely room for flexibility. I add my Vo5 to the mix cause I love the smell and right now I have to use my shea butter and aloe vera with sense, so I use the Vo5 to fill up the mixing bowl

4 comments:

  1. Haha I'll come to your house and grab an already made batch....Moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Just let me know when!!! I'll make yours extra moisturising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have to show my girlfriend this. Spending too much money on weave

    ReplyDelete